‘The perfect exercise for the whole body’ (and any body)!
‘PILATES’ is a total body fitness system, safely conditioning both body and mind to maximise the precision of muscle control, strength and flexibility in a balanced sequence – striving for quality of movement rather than quantity – creating body awareness, stamina and coordination.
‘Pilates’ works primarily on strengthening your core abdominal muscles (your powerhouse) – which supports your posture, eliminates back and structural pain, and is the foundation for the rest of your body to work correctly, to work smarter, not harder – to sculpt a strong lean body, to strengthen & lengthen, improve stability, flexibility, mobility, balance & posture. Working to restore and re-train the body to optimum skeletal and muscular function – with mind and body connection.
Energising workouts are designed to strengthen, elongate and restore the body’s balance; creating confidence, strong core with toned abs, and the tools to help keep weight off for the rest of your life!
We specialise in Pilates floor, band, circle, ball, weights and BEAT Pilates method – offering classes such as:
– Beginners Pilates: classes to teach the important powerful basics with gentle post-workout Yoga Massage stretching and relaxation.
– Power Pilates: classes using more power equipment and incorporating ‘Beat Pilates’ moves and grooves.
– Progressive Pilates: 90 minute class which starts with basic Core Activation exercises – progressing through to Intermediate and Advanced exercises.
– Partner Pilates & Yoga Massage: Studio or mobile service to cater for you and your partner together and to learn how to nurture each other to strengthen, stretch and relax.
– Paddleboard Pilates: Powerful core fitness & fun balance challenge! Combining easy flat river paddling and Pilates exercises on the board in shallow water. Personal or small group.
– FloYo SUP Fitness & FloYo SUP Yoga classes using the FloYo accredited formula.
– Aqua Pilates: Pilates based exercises performed in a heated hydro pool or the beautiful fresh river. Personal or small group.
Pilates workouts can be done anywhere, anytime and can be modified to suit your needs. Making Pilates part of your daily routine is easily done – no matter what stage you’re at in your life. Specific Pilates techniques & equipment used, enables you to workout even if you have injuries, weaknesses or even pregnancy.
How Pilates Can Help Overcome Back Pain:
The foundation of Pilates exercise is the Core strength with the deep, internal muscles of the abdomen and back are known as the core muscles – which are trained in Pilates to be strong and efficient in doing their job, as a result of which they work in harmony with the superficial muscles of the trunk in order to support the spine and its movement. As the core strength is developed, so is the stability throughout the entire torso. If the trunk is properly stabilised, then the pressure on the back is relieved thereby resulting in free and efficient movement of the body.
Pilates is differentiated from other forms of exercise by this holistic approach. Many therapists such as chiropractors, osteopaths, physiotherapists and general practitioners endorse Pilates as one of the best and safest methods of exercise today.
The Six Principles of Pilates (according to Joseph Pilates)
The above six principles of Pilates are important elements in conducting high quality effective workouts safely without strain or pain – making this the ideal complete body workout for all ages and all stages!
Joseph Pilates developed this concept and was labeled a genius! Referring to Pilates, he once said; in 10 sessions you’ll feel better, in 20 sessions you’ll look better and in 30 sessions you’ll have a better body….and it’s true!
With your concentrated effort you put in, the release, activation, strengthening, improved ranges of movement and control that the mind and body achieves with this Pilates method, will be well and truly obvious… long before 30 sessions!